- Lack of Federal Enforcement, Funding Crushes Strapped Local Budgets -
- ENFORCE Act, Faithful Execution of the Law Act to Rein in Overreach -
“It may be a novel approach to some,
but I believe in following the Constitution.”
- Rep. Lou Barletta (PA-11)
- First Place Artist will have Original Work Hang in U.S. Capitol for Year –
- Deadline: 5:00 p.m. on March 31, 2014 -
- H.R. 3979 Ensures Volunteers not Subject to Employer Mandate Provision –
We May Have Lost a Battle, but We Haven't Lost the War
On March 3, the Supreme Court refused to hear the City of Hazleton’s case, which was in defense of an ordinance I passed while I was mayor. We said that if you are a landlord or employer, the city would suspend your business license if you knowingly rented to, or hired an illegal immigrant.
- H.R. 3826 Provides Reasonable Alternative to Greenhouse Gas Control -
WASHINGTON – Congressman Lou Barletta, PA-11, issued the following statement regarding his vote in favor of the Homeowner Flood Insurance Affordability Act of 2014, which passed the U.S. House of Representatives:
WASHINGTON – Congressman Lou Barletta, PA-11, praised the passage of several bills as part of Stop Government Abuse Week in the House of Representatives.
No one is denying that our nation’s immigration system is broken and needs to be fixed. Unfortunately, the immigration proposal recently unveiled by House leaders bears an uncanny resemblance to a “piecemeal” repackaging of the disastrous Senate plan. If it talks like a duck and walks like a duck, it’s a duck.