Rep. Barletta: Deadline for seeking a service academy nomination nears
HAZLETON – U.S. Rep. Lou Barletta, PA-11, reminded students who are interested in obtaining a nomination from him to one of the five United States service academies must submit a completed application to his office by 5 p.m. Friday, October 12.
Candidates seeking a nomination by Rep. Barletta must live in the current 11th Congressional District. Rep. Barletta cannot nominate a candidate who lives outside of the current 11th District.
The five service academies are:
- U.S. Military Academy at West Point, New York (U.S. Army)
- U.S. Naval Academy at Annapolis, Maryland (U.S. Navy and U.S. Marines)
- U.S. Air Force Academy at Colorado Springs, Colorado
- U.S. Coast Guard Academy at New London, Connecticut
- U.S. Merchant Marines Academy at Kings Point, New York
Information about applying to a service academy can be found online at www.Barletta.House.gov under the heading “Serving You.”