Rep. Barletta names students nominated to U.S. service academies
WASHINGTON – U.S. Rep. Lou Barletta, PA-11, proudly announced the students from the 11th District who he is nominating to the United States service academies.
“Students who seek a nomination to the service academies of the United States choose to pursue challenging academic courses combined with a high level of discipline and personal responsibility. The students who sought nominations from my office were highly qualified, and all should be pleased with their accomplishments,” Rep. Barletta said. “I’m proud to nominate these students to our nation’s service academies, and I wish them success as they move on to the next level.”
Nominated students are:
U.S. Military Academy, West Point, N.Y.
- Griffin Gerchman, son of Mark and Elizabeth Gerchman of Dunmore, a student at Dunmore High School;
- Greg Daly, son of Thomas and Linda Daly of Saylorsburg, a student at Pleasant Valley High School;
- Richard Smith, son of Richard and Lisa Smith of Summit Hill, a student at Panther Valley High School;
- Brandon Quinones, son of Leonel and Janet Quinones of Blakeslee, a student at Pocono Mountain West High School;
- Joseph Lanning, son of Susan Lanning of Laflin, a student at James M. Coughlin High School;
- Patrick Gerrity, son of Gerard and Mary Ann Gerrity of Scranton, a student at West Scranton High School;
- Michael Dubinski, son of Joseph and Darlene Dubinski of Hanover Township, a student at Holy Redeemer High School.
U.S. Naval Academy, Annapolis, Md.
- Zachary Coleman,son of LeRoy and Amy Coleman of Lehighton, a student at Lehighton Area High School and Pittsburg University;
- MacKenzie Tasetano,son of Frank and Kathi Tasetano of Stroudsburg, a student at Stroudsburg High School;
- Alivia Womelsdorf,daughter of David and Lori Womelsdorf of Benton, a student at Northwest Area High School;
- James Chimola,son of James and Beth Chimola of Plains, a student at James M. Coughlin High School;
- John Myers,son of Eric and Cyndi Myers of Scranton, a student at Scranton High School;
- Mitchell Fornwald,son of Rollin and Joy Fornwald of Bloomsburg, a student at Bloomsburg Area High School;
- David Wert,son of Timothy and Claire Wert of Wilkes-Barre, a student at Holy Redeemer High School;
- Matthew Schweitzer,son of Stephen and Debra Schweitzer of Lehighton, a student at Lehighton Area High School;
- Colin Carey,son of Craig and Jackie Carey of Old Forge, a student at Old Forge High School;
- Jonathan Strauss,son of Leonard and Greta Strauss of Lehighton, a student at Lehighton Area High School.
U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
- Aaron Cetnar,son of Lyle and Marcy Lynn Cetnar of Kunkletown, a student at Pleasant Valley High School;
- Haley McClain Hill,daughter of Todd and Tracy Sloan of Stroudsburg, a student at Stroudsburg High School;
- John Wathen IV,son of John and Patricia Wathen of Stroudsburg, a student at Pleasant Valley High School;
- Ethan Thomas,son of Todd and Rose Thomas of Hollenback, a student at Berwick Area High School;
- Caleb Muscavage,son of Christopher and Susan Muscavage of Lehighton, a student at Palmerton Area High School.
U.S. Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, N.Y.
- Alex Shiber,son of Louis and Roxann Shiber of Bloomsburg, a student at Central Columbia High School;
- Sean Clarke, son of Aidan Clark and Annemarie Butler-Clark of East Stroudsburg, a student at Stroudsburg High School;
- Luke Kurelja, son of John and Jackie Kurelja of Bloomsburg, a student at Bloomsburg Area High School.